Monday 20 May 2013

WILD ANIMALS FROM THE SAFARI


Saturday, May 18

Alright, the day was mostly uneventful, as most of us (but not me! for once) spent the day napping, but the night was a ton of fun.  Mostly it consisted of us going to this music festival at the local university (University of Limpopo at Turfloop) called the Bash.  If you say it in a funny accent, don’t worry, because I do too.  It was a ton of fun, especially since we got to hang out and meet with a lot of local, young people.  Despite my terrible dancing skills, I still managed to learn some dances from everyone there.  Don’t ask me to demonstrate though, because... well, I won’t.  :)  

I actually have zero pictures of the night though, since I wasn’t the one with the camera, but I’ll see if I ever can steal some from other people.

Sunday, May 19

Okay, this is clearly the reason why any of you are reading this.  AFRICAN ANIMALS!  Yes, I went on a safari and IT WAS AWESOME.  Move over Disney World, this is just your basic, local safari and it was SO much better.  (On a side note, I am even more excited to go to Kruger National Park now!)  











So not only were the animals in their natural habitats in extremely close proximity, there were LIONS.  Like up close and personal lions. 



And best of all, I GOT TO HOLD A BABY LION CUB.  (Yes, bold letters and capital letters are a requirement for that statement!  Also, ETHAN PACK YOUR BAGS WE’RE GOING TO SOUTH AFRICA TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY.)












I have like a hundred more pictures, but I guess no one but me is really interested in looking at all of those.  So hope you like these!  And yes, be jealous! :)



Sorry, I just wanted to put up one more baby lion picture.  :)

1 comment:

  1. awww, LOVE your update and pictures cuz :)!! see you in person soooon!!

    ReplyDelete